Thursday, December 25, 2008

WWTCD?



I don't know which Sunday night it was, but during one of our infamous Sunday night dinners, we were joking around about Top Chef. We were saying that in any cooking situation, cooks should always ask themselves "WWTCD?" - That is: What Would Tom Colicchio Do?

So for Christmakkah, Julia designed a t-shirt on Neighborhoodies.com (see the picture above). Don't worry everyone, I will be wearing this shirt on the day of the competition. It will serve as a constant reminder to keep my standards high, to make sure that everything is "seasoned properly," and to be creative.

But that wasn't the whole gift: she also got me this snazzy butane torch for anything and everything that needs to be torched in the kitchen. This opens up a lot of possibilities, especially because on the day of the event, the oven will be in high demand. I could torch a piece of raw meat to sear it instead of using the stove top, or I could use it for the standard creme brulee. Hell, I might just use the torch for all of my food, following the theme of "keeping the flames of love hot."

Tiffany- if the torch and the tee don't stir you out of your slumber, I don't know what will...

No comments: