Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And the winner is...

Comments and maybe more pics to come soon. I'm going to bed.


For all of you who were worried that I had dropped off the face of the Earth, fear no more. I actually showed up to Top Chef Oakland on Saturday, with my game face on. So the format of this post may change, but for now I am going to list both Ari's and my menus, then post pictures and my comments for each course. Hopefully we can manage to get Ari's comments on this post as well. Here goes...

Jason and I didn't actually make it to Oakland until around 10 a.m. on Saturday, an hour later than we had originally planned. Summary: Surprise ingredients were revealed (Anne chose lobster, Jason chose not too chocolatey chocolate cake), menus were finalized, grocery shopping ensued (budget, schmudget), and we were cooking by noon (well, Ari was cooking and I was wandering aimlessly around the kitchen - it takes me a while to get organized).

Okay, so here are the menus:

TIFFANY
Cocktail: Blood Orange French 75

Course 1: Oysters two ways: Oysters and Pearls and Hot and Cold Oysters with Asian Slaw

Course 2: Truffled Lobster Risotto

Course 3: Yabba Dabba Do - Roasted Rib Steak (top round steak), with Golden Chantarelles (shitakes), Pommes Anna, and Bordelaise Sauce

Course 4: Chocolate Sour Cream Cake with Red Wine Raspberry Sorbet and Mango.



ARI

Cocktail: Cupid's Potion (I think)

Course 1: Asparagus with Poached Egg, Prosciutto, and Shaved Parmesan

Course 2: Lobster Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries

Course 3: Pork Shoulder Ragu over Homemade Pappardelle

Course 4: Whoopie Pies




Cocktails







First Course:



Second Course:



Third Course:


Fourth Course:

No comments: